FAQs / Tips for getting started
If you are new to FiveM and/or roleplay in general, there is a LOT to learn. We have created this list as a guide to help new players get started. If you cannot find the answers you need on this page, feel free to ask any of our staff members and we will be happy to assist you.
SETTING UP VOICE CHAT (I can't hear anyone or others cannot hear me?
How do I speak? The default Push To Talk key is "N".
The most common issue with not being able to hear anyone or with people not being able to hear you is incorrect configuration of your voicechat settings.
- To check your voice chat settings, press "escape/esc", select "SETTINGS" then go down and select "Voice Chat". Once in the VC Settings:
- Ensure "Voice Chat Enabled" is set to "On"
- Ensure your "Output Device" is set to the appropriate speakers/headset/ It is recommended that you turn "Voice Chat Volume" all the way up until you know it is working then you can adjust if needed.
- Ensure "Microphone Enabled" is set to "On"
- Ensure "Voice Chat Mode" is set to "Push To Talk"
- "Microphone Volume" and "Microphone Sensitivity" should both be turned all the way up (once you know it is working, you can adjust these back down some if needed)
- If your Voice Chat has been working and suddenly stops randomly, you can toggle the "Voice Chat Enabled" to Off and then back On. Many times, this will resolve the issue.
- The second location for Voice Chat settings is in the vMenu.
- Press F1 to open vMenu
- Scroll down to "Voice Chat Settings"
- Ensure "Enable Voice Chat" is checked.
- Ensure "Voice Chat Channel" is set to "Channel 1 (Default)"
- It is recommended to have "Show Microphone Status" checked so you can see when you are talking. When you are speaking, a symbol should light up below the bottom left of the minimap.
If your voicechat is working but you can hear everyone in the server instead of just those around you:
- Open vMenu by pressing F1
- Scroll down to "Voice Chat Settings"
- Scroll down to "Voice Chat Proximity" and change it from Global to the distance you prefer. Most common is 10 m or 15 m.
Buildings/Objects/Map/etc not loading or I'm falling through the map
The most common issue that causes items to not load or render properly is too high of graphics settings. FiveM is extremely hard on graphics and things added to the map to enhance roleplay also can cause more load on GPUs. It is highly recommended to turn your Texture Quality down to "normal" https://gyazo.com/282b7d33dbfda960a9572a2921f06665
There are many terms you will see/hear while doing roleplay. Here are some of the most common.
- RP - Role Play
- NITRP - No Intent To Roleplay (this is when a person is showing they have no intentions of providing RP and typically are in the server to just cause issues and break rules.
- CAD/MDT - The CAD system is where you will set up your character's information such as name, address, age, description, medical profile and also register your licenses (drivers, commercial, hunting, fishing, etc...), vehicles, and weapons. All players are required to join our CAD and create your character prior to starting in RP. You can access our CAD via the link above on the menu or in game by doing /cad
- AOP - Area of Patrol/Area of Play. The AOP is displayed to the right of the minimap. The location stated in the AOP is where you should be at for roleplay. All players are required to get to the AOP as soon as possible after connecting and remain in AOP at all times. The only exception is the LEO and Fire/EMS personnel involved in training at Fort Zancudo if that is not in the current AOP. Below are some example AOPs we use at NCRP
- AOP Paleto Bay - Paleto Bay is the small town at the very top of the map. The Paleto Bay AOP includes all areas in the 1000s Postal Codes and Fort Zancudo as well as the ocean adjacent to that area.
- AOP Sandy Shores - Sandy Shores is the town on the south side of the Alamo Sea. The actual town of Sandy Shores is everything with a 3000s Postal code however the Sandy Shores AOP also includes Grapeseed (2000s Postal codes) and Harmony (4000s Postal Codes).
- AOP Blaine County - Blaine County AOP includes everything from Route 68 north. (Basically draw a line from the big red D on the map to the big red S and stay north of that).
- AOP South LS / AOP South LosSantos - South Los Santos is everything South of Olympic Freeway and East of La Puerto Freeway (Everything in the 9000s and 10000s postals)
- AOP West LS / AOP West LosSantos - West LS is the Vespucci and Del Perro area. West of the La Puerto Freeway and the north limit is Dorset Drive out to the big red Y on the map at the intersection of West Eclipse Blvd and Great Ocean Highway/Route1.
- AOP North LS / AOP North LosSantos - North LS everything that is in Los Santos NORTH of the Del Perro Freeway and includes the Vinewood Hills area. (All of the 6000s and 7000s Postals).
- AOP Mirror Park - Mirror Park is the small area on the right side of Los Santos that has the 7300s postals and also includes the small area between Mirror park out to the Casino/Race Track with the 7290s postals.
- AOP State Wide - This should be self explanatory.
- Postal/Nearest Postal - When trying to meet up with someone or when calling for emergency services, knowing your location is important. You can see postal codes on the map to give reference and the Nearest Postal is displayed at the bottom of your screen near the minimal. Also, if someone says to meet you at a certain postal, say 3008 for this example, you can use the command "/postal 3008" (without the quotes) and the route will be drawn on your minimap.
- Priority, Priority In Progress, Priority Cooldown, Priority On Hold, PIP, PCD, POH. - These are explained in more detail in our Rules but in short:
- Priority/Priority In Progress/PIP is when there is an active RP currently going on that is classified as a priority per our rules. During this time, if you are not part of that active priority, you are not allowed to start or engage in other RP that would qualify as a priority (basically, no felonies).
- Priority Cooldown/PCD is the 10 to 20 minutes following a major PIP situation. PCD is designed to give emergency personnel a chance to take a short break before someone starts another major scene.
- Priorities on Hold/POH is when for one of several possible reasons, major RPs that would qualify as priorities are not permitted. Most commonly this is due to not enough emergency personnel on duty, multiple players engaged in NITRP, or occasionally, a multitude of several different priority scenes occurring in a row and emergency services and/or server staff needs a break.
- RDM/VDM - Random Death Match/Vehicle Death Match - This is killing people either with weapons or by hitting them with vehicles without intention of RP. These are outlined in our Server Rules.
Change Me PED/Creating your PED
When you first join the server, you will be in a default PED that is wearing a shirt that says CHANGE ME. To create your first PED:
- Press F1 to open vMenu
- Select Player Options
- Select MP Ped Customization
- Select either Create Male or Create Female to start the process. Once you choose the create option, you will be able to work through all the options to create your custom character.
- If you want to create more of the same character with different outfits, you can go to your Saved PEDs and select the option to Clone/Copy and assign a name for your new one. Once you have created the copy, you need to back up in the menu (backspace) and then select the new PED and then select to edit it.
- Remember, unless you have applied and been accepted into one of our emergency service agencies, DO NOT use any clothing items related to those departments while creating your PEDs as this would be considered impersonating emergency personnel and is in violation of our server rules.
Getting Vehicles-Addon Vehicles-etc...
We have Addon vehicles and Replacement vehicles (real vehicles that overwrite/replace the vanilla GTA vehicles. We also use a progressive permission system based on CIV ranks. Members who provide good RP to the community will rank up in the Applied Civilian department and get access to better vehicles and weapons.
If you try to spawn a vehicle or weapon and receive a message about it being restricted, that means it is reserved for a higher rank CIV or in the case of certain vehicles, not allowed for use at all (this mainly applies to vehicles that have weapons or armor on them or are un-realistic vehicles).